This lubricant reduces the friction between the cable and duct walls.
Lubricant Cable 2A keeps pull tensions low; up to 74% less friction and 50% less pulling tension than with other lubricants. The effectiveness of this lubricant has been proven in the field and with extensive testing. Reduced cable tension (as much as 50%) greatly reduces the wear on cable pulling equipment and improves safety. A unique shear-sensitive carrying agent holds a dispersion of silicone oil and microspheres in suspension. Microspheres are tiny ball bearings, with diameters between 0.010” and 0.020.” Pulling cable with Lubricant Cable 2A means cable actually rolls on a layer of microspheres, which keep friction between cable and conduit extremely low. Any change in the cable contact point provides a fresh layer of microspheres, keeping friction low.
- Increased pull lengths mean fewer setups
- Fewer pull boxes needed saves costs
- Reduces potential cable damage
- Direct application into the duct before the pull reduces
- Conforms to BT standard MAT 138A
- Non-toxic, non-flammable
- No physical or chemical effects on cable sheath or sub-duct
Supplied in 20 litre tubs.