This full day training course provides the core knowledge required to correctly inspect safety harness, lanyards and associated fall protection equipment.
To provide competency for a delegate to carry out the statutory inspections to general items of fall protection equipment and accurately record the findings.
Who will benefit?
All personnel in your organisation involved in the use of fall prevention / protection equipment for working at height.
- Legislation / guidance
- Harness and lanyard inspection (includes practical exercise)
- Declaration of conformity, traceability, inspection and record keeping of PPE
- Strengths and characteristics of equipment including limitations of use and quarantine procedures.
- Storage, care and maintenance
- Statutory inspections
- Identifying faults and damage (practical assessment)
- Theory test paper (multiple choice)
- Practical assessment
Lectures, printed course material, hands on equipment, practical exercises and pre-use inspection exercise. All training is designed and delivered to meet BS 8454:2006 code of practice for the delivery of training and education for work at height and rescue.
Successful delegates will receive a 3 year RidgeGear certificate.
No PPE Requirements
Course duration / Number of delegates:
The course is designed for up to 15 delegates at any one time and is held over a full day, typically 09:00 - 16:00
Must meet the minimum age of 18 years and must be fluent in English.